Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in More of the Same.

It was hard for me to get excited about music in 2008. So hard, in fact, that it is quite literally impossible for me to adhere to the traditional Top 10 format because I only really liked eight albums.

The payworthy:

The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement
Black Kids - Partie Traumatic
Portishead - Third
Mugison - Mugiboogie
Sigur Rós - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
She & Him - Volume One
Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster ...

Still ok:

Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer
Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping

Overrated and/or Over it:

Vampire Weekend
The Hold Steady
The Killers
Beyonce

Love to Hate:

Duffy: A Dolphin. With a microphone.

Lil Wayne: There are so many ways in which you make it impossible for me to take you seriously.

Katy Perry: The world does not need a brunette Avril Lavigne. Ur so dead to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment