Sunday, December 28, 2008

Josh is really raising the bar for misogyny and terrible writing.

(October 19, 2006)

So, I was in my office, grading some papers today. Ho-hum. They were responses to Judy Brady's essay, "I Want a Wife". It's short, and you can link to it here: http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/wife.html. But, if you don't, I don't think that makes little Josh's response any less funny. Enjoy.

... What kind of a husband is she describing anyway? She depicts men as giant assholes. I acknowledge that many women are taken advantage of, but I don't know any women that would happily support me financially, keep up my house, take care of my kids, please me sexually, prepare my food, organize my social life, tolerate infidelity, and do it all without nagging or complaining. I would like to meet a woman like that though.

Brady completely fails to mention that many husbands are the sole breadwinners in the family. Most lower class husbands don't have time for social lives. They work all day and come home to sleep so they can get up and do it all over again. They have so many children to support because they can't use contraceptives correctly or the mother has an overdeveloped maternal instinct.

I think Brady is a feminist asshole that needs to write with a little less bias and a little more logic. She completely ignores the fact that many men support the family while the wife goes to school and sluts around campus. The husband will probably increase their standard of living when he graduates anyway, so what is she complaining about. Maybe the wife shouldn't have had so many children, and then her job would be a lot easier ...


Why does it always have to be the male's fault with these feminist people? Why can't Brady take a little of the blame for her actions that led to the life she has now? Why shouldn't the woman be equally responsible for the birth control? Men can't take a pill yet, if it doesn't make the wife sick, then it only makes sense that taking a pill is her service to the marriage. It will save her the trouble in the long run because feeding her one pill is easier and cheaper than feeding five kids vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment