Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dudes sometimes like rhyming.

(October 14, 2006)

The more astute Dudes also like puns. Case in point: the "Penetration Station: Freshmen Welcum" sign the upstairs Dudes had on the porch for a while.

Sunnyside is all very Foucault. I can never walk around without feeling like a bunch of younger people are staring at me. And not because I'm narcissistic. They really are.
Case in point: leaving this afternoon for beagle-sitting, some Dudes playing beer pong on the porch before noon delivered the following rhyming assessment: "Look at the shitter on that critter."

That was too much, really. Isn't it standard Dude practice to wait until a bitch has passed before cuing other Dudes to look? Most sexual harassment that occurs in real time is delivered in the form of inarticulate shouting from the window of a moving car.

The strange part about this incident, though, is that no one playing beer pong on the porch actually lived there. And they were all gross. So, either they're some resident Dude's friends, or they just look for empty porches to gross around on.

I think the more pressing question, though, is when we can expect to see the demise of the catcall. And I'm not asking because I'm liberated, it's just ineffective -- maybe because women never really learn anything new.

I already know I have a nice "shitter". Readers, please note: calling attention to the obvious will never make a stranger want to sleep with you. I'll admit I was a little surprised to be called a "critter", but I guess that's all part of the colloquial charm of the Regional Pride Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment