Friday, August 14, 2009

More to be ashamed of loving.

I took a brief reprieve from thinking about health care reform today to get really excited for the season premieres of Gossip Girl and Project Runway. And I'm not at all embarrassed about that. I love watching shows about women being mean to each other, which might explain my Top 5 Shows I Should be Ashamed to Watch:

1. Gossip Girl. Misbehavior ranging in severity from underage drinking, to running away from home, to blackmail, to second degree murder. Plus: Chuck Bass, the scarf-wearing date rapist!


2. The O.C. There's witty dialogue, and it's uber self-aware. Plus, if not for Marissa Cooper, we wouldn't all be wearing flats right now.


3. The Bad Girls Club. I'm not entirely convinced the title shouldn't be 'The Bad Girls' Club,' but you had me at Ripsi.


4. The Hills. Yeah, I said it. I really love this show where blonds with no veritable life skills land all manner of dream jobs just because they're on a scripted reality show. I love the awkward silences, the West Coast cadence, and the visible eating disorders. I don't even care if it's not real. Plus: Heidi's old nose!


5. GRΣΣK. The ubiquitous red cup: it really takes me back.


Honorable mention: More to Love, and NYC Prep. Both have every ingredient in their favor, but they're just, you know, not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment