Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dear Beyonce

To be clear: although I find this kind of thing funny because I am mostly indifferent to children, I very harshly disapprove of their objectification -- sometimes, because it's deeply unsettling; sometimes, because it's just fucking gross.

I know, I know: But Miley Cyrus is always gross. True. Gross, and trendy.

Not to be exclusionary of pre-teens, adolescent pole dancing classes were immediately supplemented by a pole dancing doll.


What. The. Hell. Women are dolls? Children are sexy? Toddler empowerment? I don't even know what message I'm being sold. The best possible excuse for this is an attempt to combat childhood obesity -- and NAAFA is not amused.

Abercrombie thought it was a good idea to sell size 6x thongs, and 13 year-olds could, for a time, mail their birthday party invitations on Playboy stationery, so I don't really know why I reacted to this picture by telling Facebook Friend X that I would be calling Child Protective Services as soon as I was done retching.

Sure, it's a baby. But, after seeing this and this, I really should have expected that stupid onesie.

You know what though, Beyonce? I really expected more from you.

Toddlers don't need a freakum dress, ok? And why is the dark-skinned kid in the background?

But thanks, Beyonce, for devoting half of your ad space to the Asian fetish -- which is, apparently, a new and newsworthy thing. Gross, and trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment