Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Breakfast: having the best week ever.

Breakfast put the smack down on both Michael Phelps and Chris Brown this week when, outraged by images of a twentysomething using recreational drugs (on a college campus), Kellogg's retracted their Phelps endorsement, and milk told Chris Brown he was a little too hitty and bitey to be the face of strong teeth and bones.


But, breakfast, you're pulling me in two separate directions. Milk, I think you did the right thing as, until yesterday, I knew Chris Brown only as the dancing choad in that gum commercial that looks like an iPod commercial. But, Kellogg's, who do you think buys Froot Loops, Eggo waffles, and EL Fudge cookies?

Olympians. That's who.

I haven't felt this conflicted over breakfast since my parents' divorce. Nonetheless, if there's one thing we can all agree on, I think it's that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Wrigley also dropped Chris Brown. The powers that be have declared war on strong white teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Milk should've kept Chris Brown. Right now, milk is seen as a drink for kids, but Chris brown could totally change that image.

    "Ya know what gave me the strong bones and big muscles I needed to hospitalize a 94 pound pop star? Milk. If she'da had some milk, well, maybe I wouldn'ta busted her grill up so bad."

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are the students saying about this? i keep reading how a lot of young black people are making excuses for him/saying she deserved it on message boards. have you heard anything? THIS IS A TEACHABLE MOMENT!!! haha i can only imagine you sitting your kids down and having "the talk" about domestic violence. oh, the things you would hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they're all over it. "She must've done something." I finally got them to admit that, at the very least, it was an overreaction.

    ReplyDelete