Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The $588 oil change

At this point, I feel I have gathered enough evidence to issue a general warning: Do not go to Jiffy Lube.

1. SMF took his reliable foreign car for an oil change. He got upsold a new air filter -- which was never installed. He told them it was never installed, and they remedied the situation by charging him for it a second time.

2. I took my humble Ford to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Jiffy Lube then lost or simply discarded my oil filler cap, which caused oil to spray all over my engine like a fucking geyser. Of course, I didn't realize this until my car started smoking (like a fucking geyser) and I had to take it to a mechanic, who now wants to charge me $588 to replace a cap, some antifreeze, and power steering fluid.

It is worth noting that SMF and I did not go to the same Jiffy Lube, so I have to assume this is something more than coincidence, and I hereby dismiss them all as crap.

Do not go to Jiffy Lube.


No comments:

Post a Comment